Longevity planning is smart, but some financial advisers say “no”. Pt 2

Longevity planning is smart, but some financial advisers say “no”. Pt 2

The association’s long-term assistance policies provide additional protection for dollar-for-dollar assets. This means you can buy long-term care benefit enough to protect your assets without having to overpay and spend too much. Some medical insurance agents and financial planners may want you to buy expensive life insurance policies or worse yet, do nothing and make sure. There are several pending “hybrid” policies available. These are life insurance policies or annuities designed specifically for long term care. For some people, this could be the best solution. But generally, a general insurance agent or financial planner is not the person to talk to about these options.

The fact is, prizes are very affordable for most people. Of course, if you are 75 when you receive a policy, the premium will be based on that age and your medical at 75. However, lots of people are adding long-term medical care coverage to their retirement policy before retirement, and most are in their 50s. Many of my clients are between 45 & 67 years old. At these ages, awards are very affordable, especially if you are in good medical and your policy is designed correctly.Policy design is critical. Most claims are for home care, which usually costs less than a qualified nursing home. Policies pay for quality service in the environment you want. This includes home, adult day care, assisted living, memory care and also a traditional nursing home.If you have a hidden one-year deductible in your HSA, you can use that money to fund your portion of expenses while simultaneously enjoying the triple tax advantage offered by an HSA.

There are 2 main factors which impact on the ability of a specific plan to insure your medical fees: the plan’s network and its insurance policy. Even if you choose a plan with out-of-network options such as a PPO, it is best to use as many medical care providers as possible as this will reduce your costs. And the rules that a particular medical insurance policy uses to decide what is covered and what is not, and how much copayments can make, can make a big difference in the utility that a specific policy is really for you.Speaking of other medical insurance plans, a silver plan will cover up to 70% of medical care expenses, while a bronze plan will cover up to 60% of costs and the remaining percentage of charges should pay the person. Pockets Now, comparing these two plans, if one wants to spend absolutely NO pocket money, it will be helpful to choose a bronze plan and a grant. For those who can’t afford it, 60% bronze plan coverage and the remaining 40% covered by subsidies will help you get cheap medical insurance.